Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wow It Just Never Ends!!!!

For those of you who know my story, you already know that I have had enough drama and trauma to last a lifetime. While waiting for my daughter to come out of the NICU we got a phone call from my friend back home who is house sitting. She started out with "I have bad news", not a good way to start a convo. My first thought was someone broke into the house. Thank God that wasn't it. I can't really handle anything else happening. I haven't mentioned my first child Britto, a 2 year old black and white cat that I've had since he was 2 months old. He has been shipped back and forth between houses and taken care of by different people, poor cat. On one of his trips he picked up fleas. He was bathed in flea shampoo when he was returned to my house, but apparently that didn't work. Now there are fleas in the house!!! Unbelievable, I know. Since my daughter will be coming home soon family and friends back home are rushing to get rid of the fleas.

I mean, really, can anything just go right so that I don't have to worry about it? I feel so bad about putting the burden on people back home. They have already done so much for us and I don't want them to be responsible for this as well. Getting rid of fleas is not easy! Thank God for the friends and family I have, I would go completely nuts about not being able to fix all these issues.

One thing that I have learned while being here is letting others help me. I hate asking for help and if I think I can do it myself then I will, if I can't then I will figure out a way to get it done. I've not only let other people help me, I've let them make decisions for me including what to do with my cat and what color to paint the girls nursery (that was a big one for me). But all is well and I'm still alive. It's ok to ask for help and to allow others to help you. Shout out to my friends and family who have made this incredible ride as smooth as possible. I love you guys!!!

4 comments:

  1. keep your head mama!! it sounds like you have great friends n family!!! Hope your girls are doing better =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Home Moma following. www.athomemoma.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our county has been battling fleas heavily this year, whether the homes have pets or not. It feels like a never ending battle for me, just when I think we've got them banished, they resurface :( I hope now that we've had a hard freeze and some snow it will help our eradication efforts to be a true solution. I'm glad you have people at home who are able to attack that task for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate, I am not the one to ask for any favors as well but being a mom taught me that there is nothing wrong with asking for help. Now I feel blessed that I have family and friends I can rely on. :)

    First timer on your blog, i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete