Monday, May 7, 2012

Down and Dirty Mud Run 2012!!

I still can't believe I did this! By the way, that was sculpted out of mud. That's talent! My sister in law, our friend Gabby, and I completed the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run yesterday. It was awesome! It's a 5k that's peppered with obstacle courses and some had us going through the mud. I didn't know this existed until two weeks ago when my sister in law convinced me to go. I agreed to do it because I love her. That's how my mud run adventure started.
Ready!
Set!
Go!
We didn't get to the mud right away. We did push-ups, carried a 5lbs. bag a short distance and climbed a wall. I think they do these things in the Army, but more intense. The real fun didn't come in until the end with all the mud. We went through a small pit we had to crawl though. No biggy, but our clothes and shoes were so heavy! Then came the rock climbing wall. Yes, I did the shorter wall. The last time I climbed a rock wall was in high school. I wasn't trying to kill myself. I'm at the bottom waiting for my sister in law to go over. Can you find me?
Then the rope wall which was slippery with soapy water.
And lastly the mud pit. We had to do a military crawl to get though. The rope lines were so low I thought I was going to eat the mud when I went under them. I was apparently pretty happy to be in the mud.
I was such a mess and I knew I would pay for it in the morning, but I had so much fun. I had two goals: 1) I was going to finish even if my sister in law had to roll me over the finish line 2) I wasn't going to lose my contact lenses. I accomplished both! I didn't prepare or train for this run at all, but in hindsight I definitely should have. I'm very happy I wasn't dieing for air at the end. 

If you're crazy like me and want to do the Mud Run check out their website. I had a blast and plan on doing it again next year. I'll be ready!!

2 comments:

  1. You girls are really strong. I wanna congratulate you for joining that race and finished it till the end.

    ReplyDelete